The most critical of years
Preparing for future endeavors
At Harmony Christian School, our Christ-centered Middle School includes sixth through eighth grades. We strive to provide an environment to help students grow in wisdom and favor with God and people and to experience growth in their spiritual walk. We recognize that this period of developmental transition can be difficult for students which is why we put a great deal of effort into treating their social needs with the same level of importance as their academic goals.
Tweens are undergoing physical, emotional and intellectual changes at a pace that mimics that of an infant to toddler. In many cases the same the same inability to be still, to be attentive and to complete a task is evident. On the positive side, it is an opportunity for our children to learn self-control, to ask for and to give help, and to develop empathy. This is an exciting time of trying on new personas and exploring talents.
Our focus is a partnership between home, church and school and the importance of parental responsibility for a child’s discipline and education. We encourage our middle schoolers to be as enthusiastic about learning as they are about understanding the world around them. We want our students to prepare to live “in” the world, but not “of” the world. Students are often given the opportunity to apply problem-solving skills to non-academic situations, develop the ability to clearly articulate ideas and to critically examine different points of view. While most students continue on to Harmony Christian’s High School, students are well prepared to enter any high school, both academically and spiritually.
Harmony Christian School is a safe, loving place where students are encouraged to care for one another and to act in ways that are pleasing to God.
So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the law.
What you can expect from our Middle School program:
- Teachers with many years of experience
- Challenging curriculum taught from a biblical perspective preparing students to thrive at any private or public high school
- Daily communication via Parent Connection (Slack App), weekly newsletters, pictures of students sent home
- Clean and safe environment, doors secured, regularly scheduled drills
- Degreed and devoted Christian educators specializing in middle school education
- Core subjects in math, science, history, language arts, social studies, Bible and literature at each grade level
- A range of electives including Art, Spanish, PE, and more
- Small class sizes
- Competitive athletic programs in volleyball, boys & girls basketball, Co-ed Soccer and more
- Extracurricular activities including Student Council, Board Games Club, Ski Club, Golf Club, Bowling Club and more
- Community outreach programs
Middle School Staff
MS Supervisor, Middle School History & English Teacher
6th Grade History & Resource Teacher
Phys. Ed & 6th Grade Bible Teacher
K4 & 6th Grade Science Teacher; Pre-K Supervisor
Middle School Math, 7th Gr Science, Consumer Math
Middle & High School Spanish Teacher
Dr. Dennis Ashley
7th - 12th Grade Bible Teacher
8th Grade & High School Science Teacher
Looking for more information?
If you are in need of more information, please either click the button below and fill out the form on the contact page or contact the school office directly.
Plan a visit
Schedule a visit to our school to learn more about the exciting opportunities that await your child.
1790 Route 211 East
Middletown, NY 10940
© 2018 Harmony Christian School