The Harmony Hawks athletic program is designed to develop positive and confident young men and women who continually strive for excellent character and high moral values on and off the field.
We believe that athletics are an ideal complement to academics in the overall educational experience of our students. The playing field and the court provide excellent places for the development of self-discipline, a strong work ethic, and commitment. We seek to encourage the positive benefits of teamwork and sportsmanship as students test their skills against the opponent and one another.
We also believe that participation in extracurricular activities, especially athletics, provides a good opportunity to encourage Christian students in their relationships with Jesus Christ. These activities enhance the atmosphere of the school, providing students and parents with an opportunity to express positive school spirit.
The Harmony Christian School sports program competes in the (MCAA) Metro Christian Athletic Association, consisting of Christian Schools from NY, NJ, and PA. Varsity soccer is played in the (MHCAL) Mid Hudson Christian Athletic League.
JV Soccer (6-8th grade)
Varsity Soccer (9-12th grade)
JV Girls Basketball (6-8th grade)
JV Boys Basketball (6-8th grade)
Varsity Girls Basketball (9-12th grade)
Varsity Boys Basketball (9-12th grade)
Varsity Girls Volleyball (8-12th grade)
Varsity Boys Baseball (8-12th grade)
HCS Sports Requirements
- In order to participate in any practice or game, all athletes must submit:
- A signed sports permission slip for each sport played.
- An annual emergency card
- An annual sports physical exam form by the time physicals are available at the school. Forms are available in the office with a section for parents to complete and a section for those having an exam by their private physician.
- A sports fee of $100 is required for each sport. Discounts apply to multiple students per family. For more information on this discount, please see Mrs. Chindano in the finance office. This covers any expenses incurred through transportation, fees for referees and needed equipment.
- In order to remain on the team, all athletes must:
- Be respectful and considerate toward people and property. This includes self, teammates, coaches, fans, opponents, refs, pets, equipment, etc. (“Love your neighbor as yourself” – Matthew 22:39)
- Maintain passing grades in all classes to avoid academic probation. Temporarily failing class results in exclusion from a game and staying after school to improve grades (Love the Lord your God…with all your mind” – Matthew 22:37). Contact the office for current policies.
- Regularly attend practices and games, and avoid being picked up late (“Be very careful, then, how you live – not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil” – Ephesians 5:15-16).
Harmony Hawks Coaches
Dr. Dennis Ashley
Varsity Soccer Coach
JV Soccer Coach
Varsity Girls Basketball Coach
JV Boys Basketball Coach
JV Girls Basketball Coach
Looking for more information?
If you are in need of more information, please either click the button below and fill out the form on the contact page or contact the school office directly.
Be Our Guest
Schedule a visit to our school to learn more about the exciting opportunities that await your child.
1790 Route 211 East
Middletown, NY 10940
© 2019 Harmony Christian School